Dash Cam LED Indicator:
Constant White: Normal Recording
Flashing White: Emergency Recording
Breathing Blue: Wi-Fi Hotspot Activated (Dash Cam not recording at this time)
Flashing Blue: Firmware update or SD card formatting
Red: Abnormal State i.e. SD card related or other issues
No Light: Dash Cam off
Key Point Before Pairing:
1. Make sure SD card is inserted in Smart Dash Cam (SD card is not included inside the box)
We recommend to use 16G or 32G class 10 or upper SD card in ZUS Smart Dash Cam. If you are using 64G SD card, please format the SD card (refer to Q3) before usage. This is caused by the format of the card type itself.
2. Turn on WI-FI & Bluetooth. Android phone please enable location service in your phone settings.
3. During pairing process when the Dash Cam LED light shows breathing blue the device is not on recording.
Step 1: Download "ZUS" app from Apple App Store or Google Play
Step 2: Plug in USB power cable and turn on your vehicle's engine to power up the device. (LED light turns to constant white )
Step 3: Click on "+" in the ZUS app to add ZUS Smart Dash Cam
Step 4: Single click on Dash Cam LED button to trigger the light turns into breathing blue.
Step 5: Follow the app guidance to find Dash Cam Wi-Fi in phone settings and key in password.
Step 6: Double click the LED button in Dash Cam within 30 seconds to authorize the device.
Step 7: Adjust the Dash Cam angle by the live screen to finish the paring.
Q1: What to do if I get a reset prompt out?
If you get below reset prompt out, you may follow the message to complete device reset. After you click on "OK" the device should be turn off for reset automatically. Then you can press the LED button to turn back on the device and repeat the paring process.
Q2: Why did I get 'Not connected to Wi-Fi' reminder for my Android phone?
Please enable location service in your phone settings.
1. Settings > Security and Location > Location on
2. Settings > apps & notifications > find "ZUS" > permissions > location on
And repeat the paring process.
Q3: How to format my SD card?
You need to manually tun off your Dash Cam ( press the LED button for 2 seconds until LED light off) before the formatting. When you see the indication light turns off, long press the button until the light turns to flashing blue. Wait until the LED indication light turn on white again, then you will know the SD card has been formatted successfully.
You can also format your SD card by using a card reader in computer. File format should be:
Mac OS: MS-DOC
Windows PC: FAT32
Q4: Why it takes so long time for the calibration page to come out?
This is a sign of your dash cam wi-fi could has been interfered by other WI-FI sources. Thus we would suggest you to:
1. move to an outdoor open environment to complete the calibration rather than indoor.
2. Also, it is normal that the first time calibration might take some times. You just need a little bit patience with us for about 2-3 minutes.
Things you need to make sure and try on are:
1. Dash Cam LED light is in breathing blue.
2. WI-FI is connected with your app
3. Exit and re-enter the calibration page for few times.
Related ZUS Smart Dash Cam articles:
- [Installation] ZUS Smart Dash Cam OTA Guildiance
- [Features] How to Manage Your ZUS Smart Dash Cam Through ZUS App?
- [Feature] ZUS Smart Dash Cam FAQ