Three key points to check if ZUS didn't save your parking location: App is running, Bluetooth on and GPS on from the beginning of the drive. The three lights of ZUS should be on. It is important to understand what the ZUS lights indicator means while using the App.
ZUS lights Indicator
- Blinking：ZUS is not connected with App.No parking location and mileage would be recorded. Please turn on Bluetooth+GPS+Internet and ZUS app.
- No lights：ZUS is not connected with the cigarette lighter or App. No parking location, mileage or battery voltage would be recorded. Please plug in or adjust charger's position.
- Keep On: ZUS is connected with ZUS App and it's ready to record your parking location after parking.
Before You Begin
- ZUS App is running, GPS + Internet + Bluetooth are ON
- ZUS Lights stay on (not blinking or off)
Find Your Car
- When you park your car: Car Voltage would be lower than standard, which lets maps mark the location of your car. ZUS app would notify you in 10 sec and record your parking location automatically
- When you try to find your car: You may tap on the map to check car’s location, let the blue icon facing the parked car icon and follow the direction to find your car.
If you're parking in a location that is underground or in a multi-story lot, ZUS will not be able to save that parking location due to a lack of GPS signal on your phone. In these situations, we recommend that you manual save your parking location or take a photo.
If it still doesn't work, please send us a screenshot of the map view, the compass view on the ZUS app and your app account along with your real location and date and our engineers would check for you. Our customer care email is email@example.com.
Q1: What triggers ZUS to save my car's location to my phone
There are two triggers that ZUS utilizes to pin your location when you park. They work together.
- When you turn off your engine, ZUS senses a voltage change through the cigarette lighter and therefore will ping your phone to save the car's location, so ZUS engages your phone's GPS to remember the location.
- When ZUS is not able to sense this change in voltage, ZUS utilizes the Bluetooth disconnection between your phone and the ZUS charger when you walk a short distance away from your car. If ZUS is using this method, the location pinned may be the location at the point of disconnection. This second method often occurs for cars whose cigarette lighter remains powered on when the engine is off.
Q2: How do I know that ZUS has successfully saved my car's location
There are a couple of things you can check - seeing any one of them means that your car's location has been saved.
- Push Notification: You should receive this push notification on your phone within a few seconds of parking: "Location saved successfully. Do you want to set a parking meter alert?". Make sure to turn on Parking Notification under Settings on the ZUS app in order to see this.
- Last Parking Time Displayed is 1 min ago: The Compass View on the app should change from "ZUS is connected" to say "Your Car is Nearby" with the last parking time saved as 1 minute ago.
Step-by-step App Screenshots
Before you begin
When you park your car
NOTE: If your car has power after parking, it would show the car battery voltage; If not, it won’t show voltage which is the same as picture.
* UI may be different in latest version of APP