The installation of the backup camera looks complicated but it's actually simple. If you check this page before installation, you would definitely be 30 minutes quicker than others.
The Key Points for Pairing
- Pair the camera with phone before installation on your plate
- Pair the camera in ZUS app instead of the system Bluetooth menu
Step-by-step instructions to Install
Part 1 Preparation
- Charge the backup camera until it shows the green light and unplug.
- Long press the start button to turn it on. (The green light blinks three times then off. )
- Switch on internet, Bluetooth and WIFI on your phone
- Download latest ZUS app and open the app to create an account and a new car (skip for old users)
- Tap top right corner "+“ to add the camera and Bluetooth would show connected
- Connect the WIFI by ZUS_BACKUP_CAM with password 12345678
*Once WIFI is connected, you should see the movements from the app. Now you can move to the part 2.
Part 2 Installation
Please choose one of the installation methods on the manual. Two questions you need to answer before the installation.
A. Where is your registration sticker?
B. How many screw holes are there on your car?
- If A=bottom, please use method 3.
- If A=top and B=2, please use method 1.
- If A=top and B=4, please use method 2.
Part 3 Calibration
- Open ZUS app > Tap the Top left car icon > Smart Backup Camera > Guideline > Guideline Calibrate
- Connect Bluetooth and WIFI again
- Tap the point you want to adjust and it change to green color
- Adjust the guidelines to align with the two parking lines on the ground
- Tap "SAVE"
You are ready now. Enjoy using the backup camera!
Q1: What is rattling around the inside when I am shaking it?
No worries. It's the screw on both sides. You may hold them and shake again, it would disappear.
Q2: I charged it for 5 hours and the led is still red? How long is the charging time?
- The charging adapter required is 5V 1.5A.
- Please charge 5 hours each time even the led turns green.
If it's lower than 1.5A, it won't charge and you need to change an adapter. Also, you may switch a cable to see if it's the problem.
Q3: How long can I use the camera after charging?
The batteries take 5200mAh in total and it can be used for 11 hours. Standby mode equals 10 minutes using in power consumption. It means if you use the camera 5 mins a day, it can be used for 44 days [11*60/(10+5)].
If you can use less than 5 minutes, please check the two points in Q2.
Q4: Why my wifi cannot connect?
- For IOS: We have reports show that some carrier like T-mobile might have the IP address conflict with iOS version 11.2 or above. You may set WIFI manually to solve it. See the instruction here: Tap the top left corner car icon > Smart Backup Camera > Manual Wi-Fi Configuration.
- For Android: Please switch off the 4g signal and try again. It's a carrier IP address related problem.
If it still doesn't work, please send us a screenshot of your phone carrier information at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would forward to our engineer to check.
Settings>Gerneral > About
Q6: How do I adjust the guidelines to the ground? They are pointing to air.
Could you please send the make/model/year of your car, a screenshot of your view and a picture of the back of your car to email@example.com? It might be the curve direction of the car's backside which makes the camera point to the sky.
We are working on a firmware update which would have the camera 15 degrees lower. It takes three weeks for the coding and would be pushed to the customer by the end of January.
Before that, you may switch the guideline by Tap the Top left car icon > Smart Backup Camera > Guideline > Guideline > OFF
- Try to find the other frame which the silver screws can be removed and you may then use method 1.
- Cut the lower part and fix the camera on the plate. It would be method 1 as well.
- You can use the screws (M6 flat-head self-taping screw) inside the package to dig a hole in the car and fix the camera there. But it would hurt your car so it's not recommended.