After you unbox ZUS, you will need to pair the ZUS Smart Charger to your smartphone in order to access features such as the car finder, car battery monitor and the mileage log. Please go ahead and download the ZUS app via the Apple App Store or Google Play.
For a successful pairing, you'll need the following 3 things:
- A personal account on the ZUS app
- Compatible mobile device with GPS+Bluetooth+Data turned on
- A ZUS charger that is plugged in with lights on
The ZUS app is compatible with phones that have the following operating systems: Apple iOS 8.0 or newer or Android 5.0 or newer (sorry Windows phones). You can check your phone's settings to see what operating system you have.
The most important part for the pairing process is to make sure that your phone's GPS + Bluetooth + Data (2G/3G/4G network) are turned on in order for proper syncing to occur. If you'd like, you can go ahead and create an account or log into your ZUS app account and then move to your car for pairing.
What to do if ZUS fails to pair with my phone:
Tip #1: Check the step-by-step instructions below to make sure that you didn't miss a step. Please make sure that the three dotted lights on ZUS is turned on and blinking before starting to pair.
Tip #2: If the ZUS app can't find your ZUS, try restarting your phone (or switch to airplane mode twice) and check again.
Tip #3: If a pop-up message appears that says ZUS is owned by someone else and that you need to send a request, try logging out of your ZUS account and logging back in. If you still cannot pair ZUS to your phone, please contact our Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email address of your ZUS app account. We'll help you reset.
Tip #4: Do you have a compatible phone? ZUS works with phones that have the following operating systems: iOS 8.0 or newer or Android 5.0 or newer. You can find your phone's operating system (OS) under your phone's "settings". If you don't have the proper OS, please upgrade your phone's OS if applicable.
TWO important things to note about the pairing:
#1 When ZUS is paired to a phone for the first time, it is a hard-binding - meaning no one else can bind to the ZUS charger without the phone owner's permission.
Let's say you bought a ZUS charger that's plugged into your Ford Focus and that ZUS is paired with your iPhone 7. In order for someone else to be able to pair to the ZUS charger while they drive your Ford Focus, you'll need to grant them permission, which you can do on the ZUS app. Click here to learn how.
#2 ZUS is hard-bound to your phone and not your vehicle. This means that you can take your ZUS and plug it into someone else's car and drive that car. ZUS should work as usual.
Step-by-step instructions to pair ZUS:
- Plug ZUS into the cigarette lighter (12V/24V DC socket) and start the car engine. ZUS needs power in order to connect to your phone via Bluetooth.
- Watch for the three dotted lights on top of ZUS to start blinking. Once they are blinking, ZUS is ready to be paired.
- Open the ZUS app with Bluetooth+GPS+Data turned on. Log into your ZUS account or create a new one and then choose “Add a new ZUS”. Place your phone near the ZUS charger. The app will search for and connect with your ZUS automatically.
- You should see the words “ZUS is connected” and the three lights on ZUS charger is no longer blinking. This means that ZUS has successfully connected to your phone.
* UI may be different in latest app version
Check out these other related content: