The installation of the Health Monitor is pretty simple. Usually, you just need to plug in and pair then that's it. But some of the information you might need to know to understand better how it works.
The Key Points for Pairing
- Turn on GPS+Bluetooth+Internet on your phone, and monitor should be blinking（not off/on) before starting to pair.
- Pair the monitor in ZUS app instead of the system Bluetooth menu
- Blinking: Monitor is not connected/ paired with App. Please turn on Bluetooth+GPS+Internet and ZUS app.
- Keep On: Monitor is connected to ZUS App and connected phone/tablet is nearby. You may switch off your phone system Bluetooth to see if it's connected to this phone. If it still keeps on, please check if ZUS app is installed on another ios/android device and that device should be nearby
- No lights: Monitor gets no power. Please plugin again.
Step-by-step instructions to pair ZUS STSM:
Q1: What can this Health Monitor do?
When you are driving, you may put your phone next to the dashboard and check the numbers. For some cars, it won't have the exact number but a range only. So this monitor can show you more about your car's performance when driving.
Safety center provides you a way to be a professional doctor for your car. When the warning lights suddenly turn on next time, you just need to scan and read the detailed explanation then decide if you need to go for a check. No worries anymore. If it's not a problem, you may also use the safety center to decode and the lights won't show on your dashboard anymore.
Q2: Why the lights on the monitor are not on?
- Please check if your car support OBD-II
- Please make sure you plug into the position. Unplug and plug again
Q3: Why the monitor is blinking but cannot connect?
If you have other ZUS devices, please unplug them (e.g. ZUS charger, ZUS tire pressure monitor) and try to pair again.
Q4: Why there is no data on pro dashboard?
Please power off the car, unplug and plug again. Some cars need to try twice.
Q5: Why there is no number on TURBO?
It would show the number if:
- The car has the turbo. (Usually, your car would come with a T like 3.0T/2.0T. )
- You start driving.
- REV reaches high level and trigger the turbo.
Q6: Why the speed on OBD is different from my car's dashboard?
Our OBD is very sensitive which reflect car speed promptly than the car odometer. Also, most car's odometers are designed to be 2-10% faster than actual speed to avoid car accidents. Our monitor is 5% faster than the actual speed. So if your car only set 2% faster, it would show a faster speed in App.
Q7: How to decode engine error codes?
ZUS app > Safty Center > Scan/Rescan > Tap the Broom Icon at top right corner （see pic below)
- The broom icon would show up only if there is error code appeared.
- Some error codes need you to restart the engine and rescan before it's cleared
- Some error codes cannot be decoded. We advise you to check the car at a local store to make sure your safety.
NOTE: Please decode when you fully understand the problem for your car safety concern.
Q8: Why can I still scan when the monitor is disconnected?
Yes, recan is still available when it's disconnected. The result would be the same as last time when it was connected.
Q9: Why my battery is drained over some days?
Usually, monitor's LED would be off and change to sleep mode 30 seconds after the car is off (no movement/shak). You may check first if the sleep mode is working on your car. If not, it's better to unplug the monitor in case. Some cars would detect the monitor and keep working when the monitor is plugged in which would drain the battery.